views of a teen rebel

this is just a simple online journal where i write down all my thoughts,poems and basically whatever i cant tell other people.enjoy reading.!

Friday, January 14, 2005

*+^a soldier's prayer*+^

A Soldier's Prayer

I asked God for strength, that i might achieve,
I was made weak, that I might learn to humbly obey.

I asked for health, that I might do greater things,
I was given infirmity, that I might do better better things...

I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
I was given poverty, that I might be wise...

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need for God...

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life,
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things...

I got nothing that I hoped for-- but everything that I had hoped for,
Almost despite myfelt, my unspoken prayers were answered.

I am, among all men, most richly blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home